Japan is an Asian country that is world-famous for producing top-quality tech products. With 119 million of the total population, which stands at 126.8 million connected on the internet, it is no surprise that online shopping is growing exponentially. Check out our list given below to see how thriving Japan Shopping Websites are!
Top 10 Japan Shopping Website:
- Yahoo!Shopping Japan
- Yahoo Auction
Table of Contents
- Japan Shopping Website 1: Amazon Japan
- Japan Shopping Website 2: Yahoo!Shopping Japan
- Japan Shopping Website 3: Yahoo Auction
- Japan Shopping Website 4: Mercari
- Japan Shopping Website 5: Rakuma
- Japan Shopping Website 6: Zozotown
- Japan Shopping Website 7: Lohaco
- Japan Shopping Website 8: Sugugaya
- Japan Shopping Website 9: Rakuten Japan
- Japan Shopping Website 10: Ezbuy
Japan Shopping Website 1: Amazon Japan
Amazon was founded in the US in 1994, started as an online bookstore that later developed further into brick-and-mortar retail for anything anyone could think of, be it books, clothes, food, daily supplies, or video streaming. This company is the most extensive online shopping globally and has expanded to many countries, including Japan.
Compared to Rakuten Ezbuy or Yahoo! Japan, Amazon Japan had a slower start, but it’s recently become the top-level online shopping website.
Between 2015 and 2018, Amazon Japan made a huge jump with an increase of 44% in the number of sales. In fact, in 2018, Japan was the third-biggest market which Amazon settled. Ultimately, by June 2019, Amazon Japan had made a record with more than 519 million visitors. It’s now become one of the most-visited online shopping for consumers not only for household goods and electronics, but fashion as well.
- Amazon Japan started only in 2000
- Sell: Media, Apparel, Electronics, Food, Toys, Jewelry, Furniture, and Home Furnishing
- Payment Options: Visa, Paypal, Domestic Card.
- Shipping: Shipping available within japan as well as internationally
- Estimated number of monthly visitors: 597.13 million
Amazon Japan Advantages:
- Amazon Japan provides in-depth product information and detail
- Amazon fulfillment offers gift wrapping for products related to Japanese traditions and events — a big draw for many buyers in the world.
>>> Read more: How to order from Amazon Japan
Japan Shopping Website 2: Yahoo!Shopping Japan
Another giant with a vast number of sales is Yahoo! Shopping Japan.
According to SimilarWeb, Yahoo! Shopping Japan stands for the 5th biggest e-commerce platform globally and ranks the 34th most significant website in Japan.
Being a part of Yahoo! Japan, Yahoo! Shopping Japan sells various products ranging from clothing to skincare, household equipment, and personal care.
Owned by Soft Bank and famous Chinese brand Alibaba, needless to say, Yahoo! Shopping Japan is an outstanding leader in the Japanese online marketplace sector.
- Sell: Electronics, clothing, home equipment and accessories, personal services, and restaurant bookings
- Estimated number of monthly visitors: 90.04 million
Advantages of Yahoo! Shopping Japan
- Vast selection of products
- Yahoo! Shopping Japan enjoys the most significant share of search queries in Japan (around 64%) and other services such as Yahoo Japan News or Yahoo Japan Auction.
Japan Shopping Website 3: Yahoo Auction
Yahoo Auction Japan, also known as Yafuoku or Y!A, is the largest auction website in Japan. There are more than 30 million auctions taking place on this online platform, and more than 5 million items are sold daily.
With both companies and individuals selling their wares, the variety available on Yahoo! Auctions Japan is unbeatable. People can bid on the products and the highest bidder in the given time frame gets the product. Therefore, if you are looking for some killer deals or some scarce pre-owned items, you surely don’t want to neglect this website.
Sell: It allows people to sell their items such as clothing, electronics, and furniture.
- Shipping: Ship only in Japan. But you can ask a proxy buying service to bid and buy products.
- Estimated number of monthly visitors: 141.83 million
Advantages of Yahoo Auction:
- Auction function to buy reasonable products
- Sale feature which sellers can choose, allowing consumers to pick up quick buys.
- Various categories of products
Japan Shopping Website 4: Mercari
Mercari is one of the most popular second – hand online marketplace in Japan. On this website, the used and renewed goods will be sold by individuals. Mercari organizes all things into categories, including fashion, toys, sporting goods, electronics, and helps customers quickly search for what they seek. So if you are a fashionista and having trouble finding rare items with the goods deals, this is the right place for you
- Founded: launched in February 2013
- It is a free market platform selling used items.
- Shipping: Ship only in Japan. Ships internationally only with delivery partners in other countries
- Estimated number of monthly visitors: 85.11 million
Advantages of Mercari:
- A live streaming function to demonstrate how to use a product and field questions directly from potential customers
- Mercari Now Service allows buyers to receive the goods quickly
Japan Shopping Website 5: Rakuma
Rakuma is an online flea marketplace operating primarily through mobile commerce, which has led the peer-to-peer marketplace market in Japan.
Rakuma was merged with a similar online platform called Fril in 2018. This mobile marketplace mainly offers fashion and beauty-related products and accessories of varying styles and qualities. Whether you are interested in the latest electronic devices or the newest luxury eye cream, Rakuma is the place to get it.
- Founded: Launched in 2014 under the Rakuten
- Sell: Second-hand items such as clothing, toys, electronics, and home equipment
- Payment options: Foreign credit cards are accepted
- Shipping: Within Japan and some countries, regions outside Japan
- Estimated number of monthly visitors: 14.7 million
Advantages of Rakuma:
- Wide range of reasonable-priced products
Japan Shopping Website 6: Zozotown
Zozotown was founded in 2004, a Japanese online shopping site famous for fashion and footwear. Since launching, Zozotown quickly became the most popular online fashion retail platform in Japan, offering customers a selection of products from local and international brands.
Zozotown has its unique brands, which are now available in 72 nations. This includes Zozo, a custom-fit clothing brand and an at-home measurement system called Zozo Suit.
- Zozotown was founded on May 21, 1998, by Yusaku Maezawa. Then the online shopping online Zozotown started in 2004.
- Sell all fashion-related products.
- Ship: Within Japan as well as internationally
- Payment Methods: Foreign Credit cards are not accepted. Amazon Pay is accepted.
- Delivery: Most sellers do not ship outside Japan. But you can use a proxy purchase service if you want to get products delivered outside Japan.
- Estimated Monthly Traffic: 47 million
Advantages of Zozotown:
- Add items or brands to your favorites for quick access to them.
- Search options by brand, category, price range, and other criteria.
- Quick access to the items by using search history. Additionally, customers can check viewed items to shop easily.
- Inform customers when new items in your favorite brands come in.
Japan Shopping Website 7: Lohaco
Lohaco, is also a Japanese shopping website whose name derives from the phrase “Lots of Happy Communities”. In spite of joining the e-Commerce market in 2012, Lohaco has been quick to catch up to other competitors. One year after establishment, this website achieved more than 120 percent of its sales targets, with revenues of more than 100 million yen. Lohaco mainly provides daily goods and office supplies and currently offers more than 180,000 products to a growing consumer base.
- Founded: 2012
- Sell: daily goods and office supplies.
- Ship: within Japan
Japan Shopping Website 8: Sugugaya
Surugaya is one of the leading online and retail stores selling cultural products in Japan. It is the perfect shop for collectors of Japanese CDs, books, manga, or anime figures. Even though Surugaya mostly sells products related to Japanese pop culture, this company has a history dating back to the 15th century.
- Founded: 1624
- Sell: Japanese cultural products.
- Ship: Ship only in Japan. But foreign customers can use a proxy buying service to bid and buy products.
- Estimated Monthly Traffic: 12.99 million
Advantages of Sugugaya
- Various and qualified products in terms of the Japanese culture and gaming field
- High sales criteria for second-hand products
- Full-scale Search Filters
Japan Shopping Website 9: Rakuten Japan
Rakuten is one of the most Japanese successful companies in the e-commerce industry. Rakuten brings a variety of choices from basic household goods to electronics such as mobile phones, devices…. In 2005, it marked Rakuten’s unparalleled growth when they decided to expand the success to other countries. It can be said that Rakuten is the top reputable website both in quality and prices at the moment.
- Founded: February 7, 1997 by Mikitano Hiroshi
- Ship: Shipping available in Japan and international
- Estimated Monthly Traffic: 562 million
Advantage of Rakuten
- A large number of goods, variety of prices
- International shipping policy available
- Guaranteed quality of products, good customer service policy
Japan Shopping Website 10: Ezbuy
Ezbuy is a shopping proxy service website established in 2018 by a group of aspiring entrepreneurs having a mindset to bring quality products in a convenient way to foreign shoppers via the online shopping proxy platform.
This online proxy shopping website serves millions of international customers wishing to have Japanese items. The website provides a reasonable service fee with an easy, secure, fast online shopping experience. Ezbuy’s website includes all the shopping websites listed above as well as most of the Japanese e-commerce websites in one platform, allowing international users to flexibly select their favorite sites and place orders.
- Founded: October 2018
- Sell: The best selling items Electronics, clothing, home equipment, and accessories, personal cares… all other item categories
- Ship: internationally
- Payment Options: Credit card, PayPal or, other foreign credit cards are accepted
- Estimated number of monthly visitors: 2.5 million
Advantages of Ezbuy:
- All-in-one: Most of the Japanese e-commerce websites are gathered in one Ezbuy’s website helping users shop at multiple sites at the same time
- Full-scale search filters according to category, brand, price and more
- Order tracking real-time and dedicated live chat service 24/7
- Multilingual support: Multi-language interface, access to detailed and accurate product information. Along with the customer service team supporting international users enthusiastically.
- Hassle-free, convenient delivery options: Delivered by world-renowned shipping units such as: DHL, FedEx, EMS, UPS… keep your packages safe and secure.
- Pay securely through multiple payment options